For God so loved the world, That He gave His only begotten Son,
That whoever believes in Him shall not perish, But have eternal life.
What is the Gospel? – The Good News
1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.
- Jesus Christ Died for our Sins
- Jesus Christ Was Buried
- Jesus Christ was Raised from the Dead to make our Salvation Possible
1 Peter 2:24
[Jesus] Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness
Why the Gospel? – The Bad News
God has a standard all of us must obey, and we have broken it with our disobedience.
10 Commandments – The Law (Exodus 20)
1st You shall have no other gods before Me.
2nd You shall not make for yourself an idol.
3rd You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
4th Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
5th Honor your father and your mother.
6th You shall not murder.
- Matthew 5:22 Jesus said if you are angry at someone you are guilty
- 1 John 3:15 says if you hate someone you are guilty
7th You shall not commit adultery.
- Matthew 5:28 Jesus said if you lust after someone you are guilty
8th You shall not steal.
9th You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10th You shall not covet.
Jesus summed up the 10 Commandments in Matthew 22:36-40
- Love God with all your Heart, Soul, and Mind
- Love your Neighbor as yourself
There is none righteous, not even one
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
God demonstrates His own love toward us, In that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
For the wages of sin is death, But the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,And believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; For with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, And with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation
WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED
What Must I Do to Be Saved?
Jesus Said, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
- Repent – “To have a Change of Mind” – to turn to God and turn from your sin
- Believe – “Accept by Faith” that Jesus Died on the Cross for your Sin
A Prayer of Commitment
I am a sinner in need of forgiveness.
I am sorry for breaking Your law and my disobedience.
Thank you for dying on the cross
And being raised from the dead to make my salvation possible.
I do invite You into my life to be Lord and Savior.
- Read the Bible – the Gospel of John is a great place to start.
- Pray – Mathew 6:5-13 is a wonderful outline for praying
- Go to Church – to Worship God, Learn, and Fellowship with other Believers.
- Baptism –Jesus commanded in Matthew 28:19-20 to follow Him in Baptism.
- Live – publically your Faith in Jesus.
- Share – the Gospel with Others.
These few points are just where we start,
Jesus calls us to live a life filled with Love for God and People.
If we can help you in knowing Jesus or helping you in your growth in Jesus,
please contact us at 704-283-2532 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org